This post may contain affiliate links which is shown by a *. This means if you click on a link I may get a small commission at no cost to you.
Including eco gifts that will actually get used
If you’re struggling to find the best eco gifts for your friends then we have you covered.
Whether you’re trying to buy more environmentally friendly gifts or live more ethical, our eco-friendly gift guide can help you find ethically conscious gifts that can save the planet without costing the Earth.
Everything is included from gift sets to plastic-free toothbrushes.
Our favorite item is our plastic free coffee cups*. We use them on the go especially on our way to work. It means we can bring our own hot drinks without the waste.Picture credit http://www.amazon.co.uk[/caption%5D
Free Printables to Help You Organise
If the idea of Christmas stresses you out then join our FREE Resource Vault and download one of our many list tracking sheets. These will help you to remember who you are buying for or what you have brought!
Please not that by adding your details you are agreeing to letting us email you. We never spam. All our content is about how you can make your life more beautifully messy!
Join our FREE Resource Vault here
9 Eco Gift Tips To Help You Become More Environmentally Friendly
If you really want to try and become a more sustainable household but are unsure how to start this Christmas then our 9 tips to help you go more eco-friendly should help:
1. Buy a sustainable Christmas tree then re-plant it in your garden for next year. Put it in a pot and plant it if you need to contain it’s size. Remember to check the Soil Association website if you’re concerned about your tree being organic. if you’d prefer a fake tree then try searching on eBay or GumTree for a second hand one first.
2. Choose Christmas decorations that will last. Many decorations are made using non-recyclable materials but if you can keep using them year on year then that helps reduce your carbon footprint.
3. Buying eco gifts for your friends and family or even better just buy one present each. This not only saves you money but helps save the environment too. Why not do a huge Secret Santa gift swap between your whole family so everyone gets a present and still gets a surprise?
4. Think about the wrapping. Could you use reusable bags or ribbon from past Christmases? You could also decorate your own brown paper to make it extra personalised.
5. Plan your Christmas dinner buy trying to reduce food waste. You could re-use anything left over for the rest of the week.
6. Think about trying to reduce your meat intake over the Christmas period. There are so many gorgeous meat alternatives that really do taste as good or better than meat.
7. Try soy candles or beeswax candles. They are safer for the environment.
8. Do you need to send Christmas cards? Could you send a personalized video? or email? These are all free to do and paper free.
9. Reuse your advent calendar. Could you make your own? Using an organic cotton can help you be more natural too.
- 41 Easy Ways You Can Go Green as a Family
- 29 Tips for Reducing Christmas Stress
- 7 Best December Holiday Destinations in Europe
13 Eco Friendly Gifts For Grown-Ups
So here are 13 eco friendly products that easy to find and perfect for any grown-up who wants to save the planet.
If you have enjoyed this post and would like some more easy to follow recipes then look at our Food Section here. While you’re here why not pop over to Pinterest and follow my Slow Cooker Recipes Board or my Homemade Dinner Board that gives you loads of yummy and easy meals to make.
Love this post? Then why not save it to Pinterest so you can easily find it later.
What the * means
If a link has an * by it, then this means it is an affiliate link and helps S4SM stay free for all. If you use the link, it may mean that we receive a very small payment. It will not cost you anymore that it would normally.
You shouldn’t notice any difference and the link will never negatively impact the product. The items we write about are NEVER dictated by these links. We aim to look at all products on the market. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link, then the link, or product is still included in the same way, just with a non-paying link.